In 2014 Booth Wire Products Ltd. acquired Hebble Plastic Coatings from David and Carol Smith.
Hebble had provided a variety of fluidised bed coating services for a number of industries for over 30 years and have an excellent reputation for quality and service.
The dipping of metal components into thermoplastic powders (Fluidised Bed Plastic Dipping or Plastic Dip Coating) dates back to the 1950s and has a proven record of reliability and performance.
Our equipment allows us to provide a variety of finishes from partners such as Plascoat, Arkema and Micropol. Components are pretreated, where necessary (usually degreased and shotblasted), heated up to between 250 and 400 degrees C depending upon the coating required, then dipped into the Fluid Bed of plastic. The Powder particles melt onto the metalwork forming a smooth continuous coating.
Typlical coating materials are:- Low Density Polyethylene, the PPA ® range, Talisman ®, Deconyl ® Nylon 11 (Rilsan ®) and Vyflex ® PVC.
The main features of this type of application are:
• Thicker coatings (0.3mm up to 1.00mm)
• Smooth continuous coating
• Very long service life
• Extreme corrosion resistance
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Good Edge(metal) coverage
• Excellent UV and weather resistance
• Non-toxic coatings.
Typical components are:
• Medical Furniture
• Transmission and Gearbox Components
• Stacking Chairs
• Domestic and Commercial Wirework
• Retail Displays
• Point of Sale (POS) Equipment
• Wheelchair Parts
• Automotive Springs, Brackets & Pressings.
• Stadia Seating
• Outdoor Street and Park Furniture
• Litter Bins
• Automotive After Market Accessories
PPA ® and Talisman ® are Registered Trade Names of Plascoat Systems Ltd
Deconyl ® and Vyflex ® are Registered Trade Names of Plastic Coatings Ltd
Rilsan ® is a Registered Trade Name of Arkema Ltd
Low Density Polyethene
Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE) is a general purpose coating material and is particularly suitable for domestic wirework and tubular metal applications. Available in a variety of colours, LDPE offers:
- Wide colour selection and attractive finish
- Easy application and superior edge and weld coverage
- High energy and material efficiency
- Food contact approvals
- Excellent indoor service life.
Plascoat PPA 571 is amongst the most versatile and durable coatings available on the market today. Plascoat PPA 571 will outlast most, if not all, traditional coating powders in providing long-term protection for metal against demanding environments without damaging the environment. It has a proven track record of unbeatable performance in a wide range of applications.
Key features and benefits
- Superior resistance to sun, salt and sea water
- Excellent impact and sand abrasion resistance
- Premium quality, glossy appearance
- Will not crack, chip, flake or fracture
- Low temperature performance to -70°C
- Excellent adhesion to steel, iron and aluminium
- No requirement for a primer
- Approvals for contact with food and drinking water
PPA 571 is free of Bisphenol A (BPA), PVC, halogens, phthalates and heavy metals.
Plascoat Talisman is a high performance coating powder that is comparable to nylon powder. In many aspects Talisman outperforms nylon and is a popular choice with industries looking to reduce their material costs but at the same time improve the quality of their coated products.
Plascoat Talisman 10 has been designed exclusively for the coating of wire dishwasher baskets. Its many benefits and features include:
- Lower application temperature and therefore lower energy usage than nylon
- Better adhesion than nylon
- Higher resistance to staining and yellowing than nylon
- Will significantly outlast nylon in terms of dishwasher wash cycles
- Excellent resistance to dishwasher chemicals and salt spray
- Complete EU and FDA (Food and Drug Administration) food contact approval
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) compliant
Rilsan® PA11 has been a trusted source of performance in highly demanding applications for nearly 60 years. It affords an unrivalled balance of technical and economic benefits that are valuable to our customers. While other polymers may excel in one particular physical property, Rilsan® PA11 stands alone in delivering superior performance in several key physical areas.
Produced from castor oil, Rilsan® PA11 is a polymer of 100% renewable origin. This bio-based feature is another major asset for Rilsan®.
- Excellent resistance to alkaline and chlorinated hot water
- Long-term abrasion and wear resistance
- Excellent Impact resistance
- Food approved
- Thermal and staining resistance
- Dishwasher baskets
- Shopping trolleys
- Various cleaning trolleys